Written by Shirley T
Saturday, 16 August 2008 08:19
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower ~ Albert Camus
There is no limit to human brain. In this lesson, Bro Yap was sharing a special design that he was going to do for the first time; to arrange flower that resembles a white poodle using huge blooming chrysanthemums. In floral design of animal resemblance, it involves plenty of imagination and definitely an awesome flower gifts especially for children.
Tips for this arrangement:
Compose from front view and top view.
2. From the white chrysanthemum, select the size of the petal carefully to give a balance poodle body. Cut the main stem short and place 3 blooms in front to create poodle's shaggy ears and face.3. Insert another 6 blooms of white chrysanthemum in pair (side by side) behind the face area to imitate poodle's upper body and thighs. 4. With a bow and long wire, insert the bow above 3 blooms of chrysanthemums to resemble tying a bow on the poodle's neck.
1. Props: Make a bow from red ribbon. Require a pair of eyes and nose, a pinch of blue tac to glue the plastic eyes and nose onto the petal of the chrysanthemum.
2. Primary Flower -White huge blooming chrysanthemum. White is chosen to make it look like the real poodle.
3. Secondary flower - Smaller bud of purple chrysanthemum.
4. Leaves or foliages - Leather ferns to cover the oasis.
5. Filler - Red berries
6. Container - a square rattan basket with a rectangle oasis.
1. Here, a recycle oasis is used. Firstly, insert the leather ferns surrounding the oasis to cover all the side view of the oasis.
5. Then, stick poodle's eyes using blue tac, followed by inserting the nose in the middle.
7. Insert some purple chrysanthemum and red berries surrounding the body of the poodle.
8. If you are able to get a round (like a ball) chrysanthemum, it can be placed behind to create the poodle's tail. Here you go the little cute poodle!
Did not find what you are looking for? Do a search...
(Type what you are looking for in the textbox below)
Flower Arrangement Series
Like flowers, want to get creative? Step by step with images on how to design what you always wanted.
Need itinerary of a week? Attractions in Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Floating Market, Kanchanaburi...
Big Bend US National Park (Texas)
From canyons, rivers, basins to mountains, a journey into wilderness!
Spring in Tokyo
Hanami and Sakura at Ueno, Akibahara, Imperial Palace, Sensoji Temple, Ameyoko Shopping Street...
The Best of Taipei
Our stories at Yangmingshan, Yehliu, Keelung, Jinshan, Danshui, Taipei...
Live, Do, Eat, Sleep in Texas
4 Seasons experience in The Lone Star state; hopping Austin, Blanco, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fredericksberg, Houston, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Terlingua, Vanderpool, Waco & more